Tuesday, February 5, 2013

California Dreaming

Boardwalk_santa_cruz

IF it were not for the family and the animals needing me, I don't think I
could take another day of living here in winter. I came across a picture
today and started crying - to think that just a few short months ago I was
sitting with my daughter on this beach, and mom was still living and was
passing the time napping in the SUV with our family friend. I kept
running back and forth between the boardwalk, the beach, and my mom. Remember bringing her coffee and watching the gulls begging for food
outside the car window. We watched the sun set over the ocean that night.
It's like it was yesterday. The drive from Santa Cruz back to Los Gatos
was slow due to traffic, and mom had to go to the bathroom. The boys
started telling jokes and talking with accents, and mom started laughing
at them, hoping she could make it back to the motel without ....an
accident! So good memories but sadness today in my soul.